April was a challenging month to say the least. Had to use much time and energy to deal with some issues. May was a much better month, but very busy on the positive side.
- My insurance company billed incorrectly for an ER visit last year. This led to the hospital trying to bill me for the difference, and before I could get it resolved they sent it to a collections agency. Many phone calls, letters, and much stress later, it now seems to be resolved. It only took a month and a half.
- A family member had a work challenge that continues. I can’t divulge much, but suffice it to say that it has taken time and stress to get it resolved.
- We had a neighborhood issue that required phone calls and letters to resolve, and we’re still monitoring the situation.
- Patty contracted and got over a bronchial infection.
- We had to resolve a wireless network issue in May.
- The sun was in my eyes!
- Halloween’s Child Redux continues slowly, now clocking in at 3,500 words or 14 pages.
- Wrote a 30 word bio for AnthoCon.
- Here’s the official cover reveal for Wicked Tales, an anthology that includes my short SF/Horror story, “Sat Down Inside Her.”
- The Tower (Paranormal Haunting/Woman in Jeopardy Crime Thriller) Now at 106 pages or 26,250 words. I’ve had to hunker back to move forward, requiring some fun research into Wing Chun Kung Fu as well as significant research into the nursing profession.
- Year of the Demon (Conspiracy/Crime Thriller) I polish edited approximately twenty scenes, and I like how it’s all coming together. The actual editing is a tedious slog, however. This is the part I like the least. The only thing more tedious is the final proofread where I work thorough the book fixing typos and commas.
- I began work on a non-fiction project that I may write under a pseudonym. I wrote 2,389 words or 9 pages.
- Completed the Indy Author’s Pack.
- Became a backer of Editor Rick Schober’s The Whole Shot: Interviews with Beat Poet Gregory Corso.
- Purchased the Signed & Numbered Limited Edition novella (#18) of Baby’s Breath by Sydney Leigh.
- Called my Mom & Dad approx 1x per week.
- Brought Patty to her dentist appointment and yearly physical.
- Got haircuts.
- Took care of Patty while she had a bronchial infection.
- Visited my Mom & Dad in Webster for a Mother’s Day breakfast.
- Spent a couple days at Mohegan Sun while my wife was in a seminar.
- Made a 20th Wedding Anniversary trip to Kittery, ME. I figured some retail therapy was in order after dealing with me all these years.
- After Patty felt better we resumed the Filipino punching and kicking drills. We also worked in some basic boxing drills on focus mitts.
- Purchased a new set of Hayabusa Ikusa focus mitts.
- I practiced footwork drills.
- Practiced sinawali stick drills.
- Lost 2 pounds of fat. I continue to move in the right direction, and now I’m at the lowest weight that I have been in years.
- Resumed physical therapy leg exercises.
- Worked with Tufts to resolve a billing issue.
- Weened off of Protonix.
- Leveraged taxes to a tax preparer.
- Made tax payments.
Charity & Community Service
- Relay for life.
- Nepal Relief Efforts .
- Went to the dealer for C service and to replace the driver’s side headlight on Patty’s car.
- Washed my car including undercarriage.
- Washed Patty’s car including undercarriage.
- Spent a significant amount of time Spring cleaning our townhouse.
- Cleaned and polished kitchen cabinets.
- Fixed scuff on kitchen table with wood markers.
- Fixed scuff on floor with wood markers.
- Rearranged living room and reappropriated organizing furniture from other rooms to cut down on clutter.
- Changed HVAC filter.
- Cleaned foyer.
- Pulled everything out of the spare room and cleaned.
- Prepped HVAC Vents for summer.
- Resolved neighborhood issues.
- Julio’s liquors.
- New York Deli in Westboro.
- Researched trips for May.
- We ate at Juniors NY Deli at Foxwoods and then went to see The Tenderloins/Tru TV Impractical Jokers at the Foxwoods Grand Theater. We had center balcony seats. Great seats and a great show.
- Visited the new Cabelas in Berlin, MA.
- Went to Mohegan Sun with Patty. We stayed in a Deluxe King Room, ate at Summer Shack. Then while Patty was in her seminar I had the breakfast Buffet, then a Starbucks iced Cold Brew with soy milk. Then I played some video poker and quit while I was ahead. The rest of the day I used the room as my writing retreat. After Patty got out of the seminar we had dinner at the buffet then played video poker and slots. The next day found me at the buffet. After Patty finished her seminar we played some more video poker. I won $10.00 in slot play, turned it into $36.00 and then cashed out. Haha! A win is a win! Then we poked around Brookstone, avoiding the sales girl. Another round of Starbucks and we were homeward bound.
- Stayed overnight at the Coachman Inn in Kittery, ME. Shopped at the outlets and then had a nice dinner at Weathervane. The Inn provided breakfast the next morning. Then we shopped more and went to Kittery Trading Post. Back to Weathervane for lunch, and then some Starbucks Cold Brew to fortify us as we fought the Memorial Day traffic home.
Ender’s Game ** 1/2 I found this movie fun but it lacked an indefinable something.
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes ** After all the hype surrounding this film, I was left disappointed. I found it vapid and cliche.
- To get myself back on track I began listening to the Anthony Robbins audio program Get the Edge again.
- Completed the goal setting workshop to fine tune my life’s direction.